Wednesday 3 July 2013

Bare All For Breast Cancer - NSFW

Baring All For Cancer


In fact, baring all for any kind of Cancer. Because Cancer is devastating, The Big C.
In January I lost a friend, a colleague and an angel to Cancer.
Katie was beautiful, strong and loved. She fought her battle with dignity and lived every moment of the last few months of her life. She lived more than anyone I know.
This facebook group shows how many lives she touched, people she had never met, people she didn't even know.
Katie was well cared for, she had immense support and thanks to the NHS she had all the care she thoroughly deserved. Which leads on to the true nature of my post.




Squinternet of the SL brand Donna Flora has Cancer, her breast cancer has metastasized into bone cancer.
Please keep reading below the cut, there is a NSFW picture below




Casja (of It's Only Fashion, Blogging Second Life and Shopping Cart Disco's What I Like Column) is organising an event to raise money for Squinternet, she needs designers and bloggers to join in with Love Donna Flora (blog for event here)


My First Attempt at closed eyes
So Bare All, wear something from Donna Flora and Bare All.
We need to show Cancer that it's not wanted.




A few words from Katie:

"My councellor, a few weeks ago asked me, what has been good about having cancer???? bare in mind I had just been given the death sentance by my doctor (before speaking to my oncologist.)  I said ‘NOTHING’ (quite abruptly) but then he made me think about it, I sat there for a short while thinking about the question and then I realised the way ive been seeing things since my diagnosis has been different!! I seem to see things in a different way, I was sat with it pouring of rain outside and walked out the back door and just stood in the rain I felt so alive!!"


Thank you. 


I'm creating a Flickr Group "Bare All For Breast Cancer" so people can share their pictures


Saff/B xx


Credits:
Necklace and Earrings @ Donna Flora - Francesca Diamonds
Hair @ Exile - Crazy in Love in Cayenne
Eyeliner @ Tuty - Audrey and Kohl
Lip stain @ (Ag) - bitten lipstain Mauve Louis
Hands @ SLink - Mesh Hands Casual
Skin @ The Skinnery - Sasha Bare Face in Champagne
Pose @ !bang poses - Stand 306

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I joined your challenge. Great idea! http://aylaanddolly.blogspot.com/2013/07/love-donna-flora-we-can-help.html